Lock latch for a fire door – Locking Technology
The lock latch or the lock striker plate are fundamental mechanical components of a door lock. Together with the recess in the frame they keep the door shut and ensure the functioning of the lock. Used in a mortise lock, the elements are moved linearly by using the doorknob or turning the key.
Extreme corrosion resistance
High strength and breaking elongation
Example of application of Sitomb® in the locking technology industry
Sitomb is mainly used in safety doors which have to withstand high stress levels.
Advantages in this example
- Suitability for fire proofed doors, as the latch and the striker plate withstand high temperatures.
- Protection against burglars: The high firmness of Sitomb compared to tin pressure die casting results in the advantage that burglars need way more time to open the door.
- No corrosion, even in salty atmospheres (e.g. near the coast)
- Casting of sensitive structures: The usage of silicon tombac allows the construction of thin-walled parts. One example of a sensitive structure is the lead of the striker plate on the backside of the striker plate.
- Pre-finished parts: The latch as well as the striker plate are ready for mounting after deburring and do not need any further working steps.
The biggest challenge for the production is to minimize the tool wear in the series production. This is really important for these parts, because they are directly visible.